Prof.Dr. Stefan Ihde
When there are missing tooth/teeth, one of the treatment options is to place implants.
Dental implant is a piece of titanium in different shape, what is placed in the jaw bone and serves for replacement of one or more missing teeth.
- the bloodless insertion of dental implants: this is so called flapless insertion of dental implants. In this technique dental implants are being inserted directly through the gums. In that way there is no blood during the surgery, and the swelling and pain after that are virtually missing.
We endeavor to place implants flapless ( bloodless) in any possible case.
- Insertion of dental implants with open flap technique. In this approach the dental implants are placed after the gums are peeled of and pushed away from the bone. Eventually the gums are sutured back in place. After surgery patient may have swelling in the area of treatment, but the pain is virtually missing.
- Insertion of dental implant directly into the extraction socket. In this technique the dental implants are placed directly after extraction of the ailing teeth. That renders the second surgery redundant, what in turns decreases the risk and discomfort for the patient, and last but not least saves time for both parties, what pushes the cost of the treatment down.
There is no scientific evidence in the medical literature about the benefits of antibiotic premedication prior to implant treatment. The only proved is the benefit of the local antiseptics – chemicals like Betadine – applied directly in the site of intervention.
The nature sets the pace, we just follow it.
In the first three days after the implant installation, the bone is getting prepared for the important processes of Modeling and Remodeling. In that way the bone heals around dental implants. These processes are taking place predominantly in the spongy(soft) bone. During the course of Modeling and Remodeling the bone softens even further and the implants are getting temporary unstable. Their stability increases again during the course of bone healing, what takes at least 6 months. Because of that it is very important to place implants in the very hard compact bone and to get them splinted through the restoration in the first three days (that is what we are doing).
Alternatively the dental implants can be placed in the soft bone and to be left undisturbed for 3 to 6 months (what is doing the conventional dental implantologist), and only then to be put to function.
After acquiring the normal chewing function, the processes of tissue adaptation sets off in the whole chewing organ, as a response to the new functional demands. These processes of active tissue adaptation continues 12 to 18 months. That is the rationale for the necessity of regular check-ups, especially in the first two years after the treatment.
The dental implant procedure is not painful. Normally local anesthetics are being used. The nervous and anxious patients could be additionally sedated. That is a procedure,where the patient, with the help of pharmaceuticals, is put to sleep. In this way the stress from the intervention is avoided. In some implant placement techniques, swelling and minor pain is possible in the site of treatment. It is important to know that these are normal post treatment tissue reactions, but not complications of the procedure. They could be easily managed by the clinician.
Very advanced, hopeless periodontal condition can be treated with basal implants in one session.
Per definitionem: after the removal of all periodontally involved soft tissues and the teeth, the “periodontal disease” is cured instantly, and the case is immediately ready for implant placement.
The basal implants do not require bulky bone in order to be placed. That is why every patient can be treated immediately, irrespectively of the level of the bone atrophy, without any additional bone build-up procedures. Bone regenerative procedures are limited just in the upper front area, in patients with high lip and smile lines, and with very high aesthetic expectations.
Every patient, irrespectively of his smoking habit, can be treated with basal implants, without increasing the risk of complications.
These are just few of them:
In any case the price – benefit ratio of the treatment with basal implants is far more in favor of basal implants comparing to conventional implants. That is due to the clever and simplified implants design, and innovative surgical techniques.
When the dental implant treatment has been calculated, normally the price of the implants, restoration, and the surgeon expertise are being considered. But just few of the patients, take in to consideration, the time spent because of the higher number and length of the visits. Few of the patients calculate the time when they will experience, some times serious discomfort, because of loss of normal chewing function, while waiting for the conventional implants to “heal”, or newly augmented bone to get its vitality and implant bearing capacity. Some times, in complex cases, when employing conventional techniques, it takes up to year, year and a half from the beginning to the desired end result- fixed teeth. The patients treated with the concept of basal implantology will get stable, fixed on implants teeth in just a few days, irrespectively of the complexity of the treatment.
Didn’t find the right answer?
- Silistra On 17.09.2013 /Tuesday/ I attended Dr. Lazarov’s office. Even though I made myself familiar with the proposed treatment, from the web page and from the Dr.Lazarov personally, I was nervous about the procedure. On the same day Dr. Lazarov installed 17 basal implants immediately after extraction of my last 7-8 ailing teeth. All that happened under local anesthesia, but I didn’t experience so much pain or discomfort, because Dr. Lazarov informed me about each procedure that follows. On the next day/Wednesday/ Dr. Lazarov let me to rest. On Thursday 19.09.2013, metal try in was done, on Friday- ceramic try in, and on Saturday-unbelievable- I was with new, very stable, functional and beautiful teeth. Two hours later I was able to eat as I am with my own teeth. On 29.09.2013 I came for a check up and Dr. Lazarov said that everything is fine and that he doesn’t expect any further complications. So just for 3-4 visits I can eat normally, I can talk normally and not least I can smile, which I didn’t do often before. Thanks ever so much Dr. Lazarov for all that you did for me. I am proud that irrespective of a hardship in Bulgaria, there are still such professional and warm-hearted people like you, who work and live here. I wish you all the best and prosperous winds in what you are doing for the sake of all that had chosen and have chance to be treated by you. Thank you!Z.Zelev
- I had been wearing partial dentures for decades. Eventually I ended up with all my remaining teeth failed. I saw few dentists for advice what to do. All of them had been explaining to me that I had my jaw bones lost because of the dentures. They told me that I can’t have implants placed without additional bone build up procedures. My son brought me to Dr Lazarov. He offered to me to replace all my decayed teeth with implants in one go without any additional procedures and few days later to provide me with fixed teeth. I entrusted him my health and now nearly one year later I want to say big “Thank you” to Dr. Lazarov for everything what he had done for me.Uljana K
- I know Dr Lazarov for a long time. I had problems with stability of my dentures because of the jaw bone shrinkage . In 2005 he offered me a treatment with the novel for that time basal implants. Now nearly 8 years later I fill extremely comfortable with my teeth and I am very happy that I took the decision to go for this treatment 8 years agoLjudmila Z
- I can say Dr. Lazarov is accomplished professional in what he is doing.Milkana B
- Dr Lazarov has been caring for me for more than 15 years. Recently I had experiencing problems with my upper denture, it became loose. Dr Lazarov offered to provide me with fixed teeth on implants just in few days. I had implants placed by him 7 years ago in the lower jaw and I was very satisfied, so I decided do go for that. Now I can say that it was like miracle for me. I came one day morning, I got few Implants placed, no blood, no pain, no swelling at all. On the day after I had my new teeth permanently fixed. It was so fast, I didn’t have time to realize what actually happened.Bogdan L
- For some time I had problems with my upper teeth. I went to see couple of dental specialists to try to solve my problem. They all offered me complex treatments with multiple visits. For me treatments with many visits is not acceptable, I am very busy running my business. My daughter advised me to see Dr. Lazarov. He proposed to me a treatment with implants just in three visits. It was great, because I was able just after few days to get back to work.Pavleta L