Development of Implantology:
Unlike the conventional dental implants, which utilize the spongeous (soft) bone, basal implants are anchored in the cortical (the hardest) bone. The place of anchorage and the special design gives the most advantages of basal implants over traditional implants:
- there is no need of waiting time for the implants to “heal”, basal implants immediately after insertion are already integrated in the best available bone.
Any patient treated with basal implants can have its chewing function immediately restored.
- there is no need of large supply of bone for basal implants to be installed.
Even patients with law quality and quantity of bone can be treated in immediately loading protocol, without any additional often expensive and invasive bone build up techniques.
- there is no need of waiting time for the bone to heal after extraction of unrestorable teeth, in order basal implants to be placed.
That is possible because basal implants are anchored in the areas remote from extraction sites
- in patients with advanced periodontal disease, basal implants can be placed immediately after tooth extractions
Patient comes with ailing, loose teeth and in few hours leaves with aesthetically pleasant, stable teeth.
That is possible, because there are several reasons for this:
- Periodontal involvement is vanishing on the spot, as soon as the involved teeth and the affected tissue is removed.
- Due to the basal anchorage, unaffected, healthy bone areas are utilized for implant anchorage: BCS utilize the bone beyond the apex of the former roots, while BOI utilize the cortical walls of the extraction sockets and the cortical walls of the jaw bones.
- The bony healing inside the socket can take place as if there is no implant present.
- Compared to the situation after the start of the bony healing, the stability of the cortical walls right after the extraction is significantly higher, which supports a procedure in an immediate load protocol.
Physiological and bio-mechanical foundation of basal implantology.
- Even patients with Osteoporosis ,thanks to the basal implants, can be treated in immediate loading protocols.
The smart design of the basal implants makes them resistant to periimplantitis.